Happy Saturday all! How appropriate is it to be on the blog tour for this book today? Not sure if I’m going to watch the royal wedding as it is on at 4am, and I’m planning on being asleep at that time….
This was such a fun book filled with fantastic characters and lots of laughs… thank you so much Rachel for the invite!💜
The Wedding Date
One little white lie.
When Samantha Jenkins is asked to be the maid of honour at her best friend’s wedding, she couldn’t be happier. There are just three problems…
1) Sam’s ex-boyfriend, Liam, will be the best man.
2) His new girlfriend is pregnant.
3) Sam might have told people she has a new man when she doesn’t (see points 1 and 2 above)
So, Sam does the only sensible thing available to her… and hires a professional to do the job.
Actor Jake Porter is perfect for the role: single, gorgeous and cheap! Sam is certain it’s the perfect solution: no strings, no heartbreak and hopefully no chance of being found out.
But spending a week in the Scottish Highlands with Jake is harder than she imagined. He is the perfect boyfriend, charming, sexy and the hottest thing in a kilt since Outlander! And his dog Harry is quite possibly the cutest things Sam has ever seen!
As the wedding draws closer, Jake plays his part to perfection and everyone believes he is madly in love with Sam. The problem is, Sam’s not sure if Jake is acting anymore…
Purchase Links – AmazoniBooksWaterstones
Author Bio –
Born in a small village in Staffordshire, Zara Stoneley wanted to be James Herriot, a spy, or an author when she grew up. Writing novels means she can imagine she is all these things, and more!
Zara’s bestselling novels include ‘The Holiday Swap’, ‘Summer with the Country Village Vet’, ‘Blackberry Picking at Jasmine Cottage’ and the popular Tippermere series – ‘Stable Mates’, ‘Country Affairs’ and ‘Country Rivals’.
She lives in a Cheshire village with her family, a naughty cockapoo, and a very bossy cat, and loves spending time in sunny Spain.
Where you can find her-
4 Delightful Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟
This book was an absolute pleasure to read, filled with fabulous characters and lots of laughs…. The plot was pretty straightforward and has been done before, but the characters really brought this book to life…
Sam is not showing up to her BFF’s wedding alone, especially because her ex is the best man…. after telling a tiny lie to both her parents and BFF that she is dating somebody, Sam decides she needs to hire somebody to play the part… Jake is an actor needing a distraction and he will work cheap… i’m sure you can figure out what will happen…. but it is the humor, the pacing, and the wonderful characters that sets this book apart… in honor of Sam and her propensity to make a list… I will list my top five characters in this book….
1. Sam… loved her, especially her inner dialogue… she was one of those characters I’d love to hang out with and have a girls night out with…
2. Jake… just a good guy with a big heart… Who usually said the right thing, my favorite thing he said to Sam was ”you are the right size for you…”*sigh*
3. Ruth… Sam’s mom, she really had some of the best lines in the book…. she truly loved her daughter, but sometimes wanted to insert herself a little too much in her life, she is a mom after all…
4. Sarah… she didn’t have a big part in the book, but she was a good friend and I loved her stalking Waze…
5. Harry… the dog…. he brought humor to every part of the book he was in…
Absolutely recommend to all who Love a romance with a large dose of humor….
*** thank you to the publisher, the author,Net Galley, and Rachel at Rachel‘s Random Resources for my copy of this book ***
Have a lovely weekend, Berit 💛👑